The Top 15 Topics For Persuasive Essays: Ideas For College Students
Sometimes, the most difficult part of creating a persuasive essay is just coming up with something to write about! There are, however, so many unique and interesting topics out there that you can argue for or against - using real-world examples - that there is no longer any excuse to struggle. Below are the top 15 topics for persuasive essays for college students.
- Fox hunting is wrong and should be banned.
- Education should be free.
- You should take parenting classes before having children.
- Should we change the age of consent?
- Voting should be mandatory.
- Should we have to be organ donors?
- Smokers should pay extra for health care.
- Marijuana should be legalised.
- Should people who abuse animals be imprisoned?
- Should we cut defence spending?
- Fast food chains shouldn’t be allowed to advertise.
- Children under 16 shouldn’t be allowed smartphones.
- You should have to wait until 20 to learn to drive.
- Bullies’ parents should pay fines.
- Kids should have less homework.
Is hunting wrong when we hunt for food or fur for warmth? Is it alright if we do it for sport? Where do we draw the line?
Is education a universal right of all humans, or should we pay for it like we would any other service?
Does parenting just come naturally? Or should we teach lessons to soon-to-be mums and dads?
All over the world there are different ages of consent. Which is the right one?
Should we be forced to vote, like countries such as Australia? Or should we have the power to choose?
Should we be able to force people to donate their organs if they didn’t want to or if their next of kin doesn’t want them to?
Some countries have universal health care. Should other people pay to keep smokers alive?
In some countries, marijuana is not legal. Should it be? Why?
People who hit children or abuse them in other ways are imprisoned. Why not people who abuse creatures that are equally vulnerable?
Countries such as Britain and America spend a lot of money on ‘defence’. Should we cut the amount? Should we increase it?
Is it advertisements that are making people fat or would people visit fast food chains anyway?
With access to the internet, children are getting themselves into trouble. Would that stop if we took away smart phones?
Young drivers cause many accidents.
Is it the parents’ fault or their children’s? Should someone pay?
Do kids need to be able to play and have fun or should they be learning?