A Collection Of 20 Argumentative Essay Topics For College Students
College level essay writing is more in depth than anything required in high school. A good foundation in high school will be helpful but the level of analysis required here will be a bit difficult for many students to transition into seamlessly. While narrative essays and even descriptive ones can be done off the cuff by someone with a good vocabulary and a vivid imagination, argumentative essays need the following:
A good grasp of the subject being discussed
An ability to objectively describe the topic
A clear, factual approach to the writing devoid of literary gimmicks
Just a touch of imagination to make the whole thing interesting
These can all be cultivated by writing frequently. To this end, here is a list of some great argumentative essay topics that you can try out.
- Can ignorance truly lead to bliss?
- Has greater access to knowledge led to the promotion of ignorance?
- Can the consumption of insect based protein solve world hunger?
- Should parents of super morbidly obese children be charged with child abuse?
- Should intelligent animals be afforded the same rights as humans?
- Should the use of illegal drugs be punishable with jail time?
- Should corrupt politicians be forced to answer to the public in person?
- Is it unnatural to make a plant illegal?
- Do child actors have a higher rate of insanity as adults than the rest of the population?
- Should the fashion industry be forced to alter its production methods until fair wages are paid to all workers?
- Is sexual orientation more flexible than we realise?
- Should all animal testing be banned?
- Can discrimination on the basis of race, ability level, gender and sexual orientation ever be completely eradicated?
- Should people who consciously violate the rights of other without breaking laws be subjected to vigilante justice?
- Can communism be more effective than capitalism as a means of resource distribution?
- Should housing be free?
- Should more women be 3encouraged to date younger men?
- Should funding for driverless cars be diverted into the creation of more comprehensive mass transit systems?
- Should more attention be paid to the modern slave trade or environmental degradation?
- Does the media perpetuate unrealistic expectations of the process of aging?
These topics come in all different flavours so that writers of all descriptions can find something they can use.